Friday, December 4, 2009

How do the British, more specifically English, feel about the NFL?

With the Giants and the Dolphins playing in London, at Wembley Stadium, I was wondering how the British feel about American Football. Do you enjoy watching/playing? Are there pubs which show American Football games? Do you have a favourite team? Is there a European Football (American) League? If so, how did today's Giants/Dolphins game compare to the matches you normally watch? How popular is American Football in Western Europe?



Thanks for your time. Cheers.



How do the British, more specifically English, feel about the NFL?pro basketball





It's not very big here at all really. As someone said, NFL Europa shut down sometime earlier this year. I remember a team called the London Monarchs, which moved to Germany at the turn of the century.



I enjoy watching but nowhere near as much as I enjoy watching rugby. This is not a criticism in any way, but I'm not too keen on the focus on stats and the stop-start nature of play. As you'll probably be aware, rugby players are on the field for the entire game with the exception of substitutions.



The best thing about the game being held in London was being able to listen to the UK commentators... I think it's quite clear nobody here understands the game at all!



I'm quite happy playing Madden though! :)



How do the British, more specifically English, feel about the NFL?nba history ,nba teams



i watched the game. it said that there were 90,000 people at the game. it was sold out. most people were dolphins fans. the anouncers mentioned that the english liked the aggresiveness of the game, but it looked like they were pretty bored because they were doing the wave a lot which was probably so they werent bored.
I watched the game and the crowd seemed to welcome or like football
The NFL Europe is history. At the end of last season they shut it down. To expensive. In Europe is American football not so popular. England and France have pretty good rugby teams.



Recently was the woldchampionchip in France - Southafrica won. Rugby is a much rougher sport than football. The English people like that more. But the number one game is soccer in Europe.
It seems a bit overcomplicated. I don't understand the game. I felt sorry for the American fans who couldn't watch their team that weekend because they'd come over to play across the Atlantic.
I went to London on vacation in 2001. I saw a couple of kids (middle school age) hanging out. I was talking to them about their football (soccer). I told them we have football also, and they said to me "You mean that long, brown ball." NFL Europe was still in play at the time, and you would never know it existed. The only american sports that I saw was New York Yankees and Chicago Bulls shirts.
I've met some people who enjoy it, but most of us hate it, for the embarrassing non sport that it is.
Sorry, it's a minority interest here. Soccer is the game everyone watches here (yawn). I don't watch sport, personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
erythema